Taking a good look at the health of your relationship can be hard.
Do you find yourself wondering if your relationship is healthy? It can be hard to take an objective look at your relationship with your partner. We tend to compare our relationships – and our partners – with other people we know. Healthy relationships don’t grow overnight, they take time to cultivate.
Strong and healthy relationships include:
- Couples who choose to love and support each other
- They give each other room to grow and breathe
- Help each other achieve their goals
- Encourage each other through difficult situations
Remember, it’s just as important to be a good partner as it is to have a good partner.
Many relationships can improve when:
- Both people decide to prioritize each other
- Learn healthy communication skills
- They seek outside help, from an outside source to give non-bias opinions. However, some times people need help from someone else to see the blind spots in their relationship.
Remember, it’s not a sign of failure if you ask for help. It’s a sign you want a healthy relationship.
Often, people stay in unhealthy relationships because they feel they really love the other person and they hope things will change for the better.
Signs your relationship may not be healthy:
- Your partner is unwilling to get outside help
- Your partner wants you to keep problems in your relationship secret and is unwilling to change
- You feel threatened by your partner
- Your partner is abusive (verbally, physically, emotionally, or sexually)
Remember, someone who loves you will treat you with respect, kindness, and patience. They will be honest with you and value your thoughts and feelings.
Whether or not your relationship is healthy can have a major impact when you are making a pregnancy decision.
Some people may tell you what they think you should do. But it is important to take responsibility for your own life. Before you follow someone else’s advice, ask yourself, how do I feel about my relationship? Healthy relationships can lead to GREAT marriages. Wondering how you can build a relationship that brings a lifetime of happiness, even when life is tough?
Our team would love to help you process your feelings about your relationship and being pregnant.