At CPC we offer free and confidential urine pregnancy testing to any woman who thinks she may be pregnant.
An unexpected positive pregnancy test can take your breath away and be a lot to process. It is normal to feel overwhelmed, stressed or scared. You are not alone! CPC is here to walk with you as you navigate this new journey. We know how important it is to have results you can trust.
Questions to Consider
Pregnancy symptoms vary from person to person both in intensity and the type of symptoms. You may have one symptom, several symptoms or not notice any!
The most common symptoms in first trimester are:
- missed period
- morning sickness/nausea sometimes accompanied by vomiting
- extreme fatigue
- tender breasts and bloating
- frequent urination
The only way to truly know if you are pregnant is to have a lab-quality pregnancy test followed by an ultrasound to verify. (1)
Home pregnancy tests continue to improve in their accuracy as technology advances, but several variables may affect your results.
- For a test to give you an accurate result, it must be taken correctly and at the right time.
- Tests that are administered incorrectly have a much higher likelihood of providing a false result. At CPC, our lab-quality pregnancy tests are administered by staff who are trained and can help you know if it is the right time to take a test.
- Based on your estimated conception date and other information, our nurses can advise you on the best time to take a pregnancy test to get the most accurate reading.
- If taken too early, your hCG levels will not be high enough to be detected. (2)
When you come to CPC for your pregnancy test, you will meet with one of our staff to talk about any questions you may have and to go over your options.
- This is a no-judgment and no-pressure time for you to gather information.
- The pregnancy test will then be done, and you will read the results together.
- An ultrasound will be scheduled for your next visit, as determined by our staff.
- If you have a verification of pregnancy from another office, but have not had any appointments with a doctor yet, you may call to schedule a limited obstetrical ultrasound with CPC.
- If you do not have a verification of pregnancy, you will need to make a pregnancy test appointment with our staff, first, and they will determine if and when to schedule an ultrasound.
Yes. Whether it’s a friend, family member, or the father-of-the-baby, we understand the need for moral support. For the sake of your privacy, we will meet with you individually at first and then invite your friend back when you’re comfortable.
Once we see a positive pregnancy test result, we can provide you with a verification of pregnancy. If you would also like to do an ultrasound at CPC, our staff will determine the best time to schedule that. After your pregnancy test and/or ultrasound, you will need to choose a provider to schedule your prenatal care with. If you need help choosing a provider, ask our staff for a list of providers in the Anchorage area.